The name of the Society is to be Southport Football Club Former Players Association and it is called “the Society” in the rest of these Rules;
Southport Football Club is called “the Club”; and Sefton is called “the Area”
The Society’s objects are:
- To promote the history and heritage of Southport Football Club and to foster the spirit of fellowship, sportsmanship and goodwill among formers players and their supporters.
- To promote a framework of opportunity through this structure which will allow all members to participate in and benefit from the activities of the association.
- To organise, run and promote sporting and social activities for and on behalf of the association.
- To establish, manage and run a Southport FC “Hall of Fame” to annually honour club legends.
The Society may achieve its objects in whole or in part through an interest or interests in companies or societies provided that the objects of the companies or societies are consistent with the Society’s objects.
In pursuit of these objects (but not otherwise) the Society may:
- Participate in active fundraising.
- Actively seek sponsorship and/or donations from external sources.
- Take a nominal membership fee from members.
- APPLICATION OF SURPLUS
The surpluses of the Society are not to be distributed either directly or indirectly in any way whatsoever among members of the Society but shall be applied:
- To maintain prudent reserves;
- On expenditure to achieve the Society’s objects;
- To promote and undertake Society events.
The members of the Society are the people whose names are entered in the register of members.
Full membership is open to any individual who:
- Is a former player of the club who has made at least one first team appearance.
- Is a former member of the first team management or playing staff.
- Former loan players applying for full membership will have their membership granted at the discretion of the Committee.
Associate membership is open to any individual who:
- Is a direct family member of deceased first team players.
- Is a direct family member of first team management or playing staff.
- Non first team staff and volunteers applying for associate membership will have their membership granted at the discretion of the Committee.
The Committee shall have power to refuse membership to any person who does not in the opinion of the Committee meet the requirements set out in these rules.
No person under the age of 16 may serve on the Committee.
- REMOVAL OF MEMBERS
A member shall cease to be a member if they:
- Die (in the case of the individual);
- Are expelled under these Rules; or
- Withdraw from membership by giving written notice to the Committee.
A member may be expelled for conduct prejudicial to the Society in accordance with any Disciplinary Policy adopted by the Society.
- DUTIES AND POWERS OF THE COMMITTEE
The Society Committee is to ensure that the business of the Society is conducted in accordance with these Rules and with the interests of the members and in accordance with any additional policies adopted by the Society.
- CONSTITUTION OF THE SOCIETY COMMITTEE
The Society shall have a Committee comprising not less than four and not more than eight persons.
Members of the Committee will normally serve for periods of two years.
Members interested in serving on the Committee may apply to be considered for the role.
New Committee members will be approved by a majority vote.
The Committee may at any time co-opt individuals providing numbers do not exceed the maximum stated above.
The Society Committee shall ensure that the business of the Society is conducted in accordance with these Rules.
The Society may pay any reasonable expenses for actions carried out on behalf of the Society only if prior approval by the Committee has been granted.
- SOCIETY SUB COMMITTEES
The Society Committee may delegate any of its powers to sub committees.
- FINANCIAL AUDIT/REPORT
The Committee will ensure at the close of its financial year that an annual revenue account or revenue accounts are prepared which:
- Deal with the affairs of the Society as a whole for that financial year; and
- Give a true and fair view of the income and expenditure of the Society for that year;
- Ensure that a balance sheet giving at that date a true and fair view of the state of the affairs of the Society is prepared.
- AMENDMENT TO RULES
Any Rule may be altered or rescinded, or any new rule may be made, by majority vote of the Society Committee.
The Society may be dissolved by a majority vote of the Society Committee.
If on the dissolution of the Society there remains, after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities any
property whatsoever the same is to be transferred to:
- A sporting charity or sporting charities operating in the Area; and/or
- One or more societies established for the benefit of the community operating in the Area; and/or
- One or more societies established for the benefit of the community
in each case as determined by the Committee.
Nothing belonging to the Society shall be transferred to any other society unless that society has in its rules a rule substantially in the terms of this Rule.
- MISCELLANEOUS ADMINISTRATIVE PROVISIONS
Anything done in good faith by any meeting of the Society Committee shall be valid.
The Society shall ensure that minutes are kept of all proceedings at meetings of the Committee which include names of the members present, decisions made and the reasons for those decisions.
The Society’s registered office is at 52 Ruddington Road, Southport, PR8 6XD.
Subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act the registers to be maintained by the Society may be kept in electronic form.
The Society is to keep proper books of account with respect to its transactions and to its assets and liabilities.
For the avoidance of doubt the Society shall not engage in any activity by virtue of any of these Rules that would require a permission from the Financial Conduct Authority (or any body that succeeds its function) to carry on that regulated activity without first having applied for and obtained such permission.
SIGNATURES OF COMMITTEE FULL NAME DATE
Daniel Hayes – June 2021
Robert Urwin – June 2021
Michael Braham – June 2021
Mark Iddon – June 2021
Michael Hopkins – June 2021
John Wood – June 2021
Noel Warham – June 2021
Nicola Cave – June 2021
Sam Shrouder – June 2021