After a number of successful player reunions and after many years of talking, we’ve decided the time is right to form the Southport FC Former Players Association (FPA).
We are holding an inaugural gathering for members on Saturday 1st June 2019 from 6pm, at the 1881 Lounge, Southport Football Club, Haig Avenue.
The FPA will be run initially by a small volunteer committee including former players Kevin Mooney, Steve Haw and Alan Kershaw. We are hoping that over time a committee can be fully formed from the membership.
The principal aims of the FPA are:
- to reunite those who have worn the Port shirt or held management or coaching roles over the years.
- to help to establish veterans and walking football teams to take part in friendly and charity events
- to create a new Southport FC Hall of Fame
- to help supporters new and old to recognise the contribution each and every player, manager, coach or official has made to the club, town and community.
To put it another way, the aim is to bring the extended Southport FC family closer together.
Full Membership is free and is open to any individual who:
- is a former player of the club who has made at least one first team appearance
- is a former member of the first team management or playing staff
Associate Membership is free and is open to any individual who:
- is a direct family member of deceased first team players
- is a direct family member of first team management or playing staff
Non first team staff and volunteers applying for associate membership will have their membership granted at the discretion of the committee